Million Minutes may change this policy from time to time. We will update it on our websites (www.millionminutes.org and www.courtyardproject.org.uk). You should check the policy from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
The Million Minutes website (www.millionminutes.org) is owned and operated by Million Minutes, Registered Charity Number 1140079. Registered company in England No. 08287034. Our registered office is at 604a Commercial Road, London E14 7HS. The data controller is Million Minutes.
Why we collect information
We may collect information from you when using a website, when communicating with us, or when attending any of our events. We only collect information about you so that we can support how you choose to engage with our activity (e.g. siLENT campaign, Celebrating Young People Awards, communication updates, Courtyard.) Any information that you provide to us by which you can be identified will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
If you choose to, we may collect and process personal information about you such as:
· Name and role
· Contact information including email address
· Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
· Other information relevant to surveys and/or offers.
· Records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us.
· Details of your visits to the website.
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular:
· for internal administration e.g. maintaining activity lists (siLENT, CYPA) or a list of people attending an event.
· we may use the information to improve our activity and services.
· we may periodically send emails about news, events or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
· from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or post. We may use the information to customise our work according to your interests.
· if you register for one of our events, we may share your name, organisation and role (but not contact details) with others who have registered or are attending the event.
· to comply with applicable laws.
Information about young people under 18
All personal information processed about young people under the age of 18 is done so with parental consent. Before processing data we’ll ask you to confirm that parental consent has been provided. We have made the judgement that adults from other organisations (e.g. teachers and youth workers) providing data about anyone aged under 18 is trustworthy to confirm that they have received parental consent for the data to be shared.
Storing Personal Data
We will store data you provide when you sign up for communications for as long as you wish to be in contact. You can unsubscribe or change what communications you would like to receive at any time via our website.
We may store personal data about the Celebrating Young People Awards and siLENT for up to 10 years, or until you ask us to delete it. This enables us to be able to respond to your requests in the future about your previous activity, and it helps us to personalise any communication with you.
How we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you is stored securely on a Cloud based database with multiple security features in place. It may also be processed by staff and volunteers or a supplier working for Million Minutes. These may be engaged in, among other things, the organising of an event, the processing of a donation, or supporting one of our activities.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us or write to us at the following address. We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, or write to us at:
Million Minutes, 604a Commercial Road, London E14 7HS.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser.
Your rights and reporting concerns
Should you require further information regarding your rights this may be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office. If you have any conerens about how we have used your data you may report it here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns